on 5/24/01 7:02 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> May I post your comments?
>
> Om

     Of course. Here's an attack on Curio you can post as well.

ToS Cult Smear and Intimidation Tactics

     Alex Constantine Note: Scientology never stooped this low. "Curio," a
former social worker in San Diego and the topic of this exchange, has
committed the "offense" of posting legal and military documents concerning
Michael Aquino, the high priest of the Temple of Set in San Francisco and an
accused child molester who was thrown out of the Army when a tribunal found
the Presidio preschool childrens' allegations credible. In retaliation, she
has been the subject of a cult smear campaign (she is described as a
"psychotic," "fanatic," etc. who should "have her hands cut off"), just as I
have been attacked by Alex Burns of Disinformation.Com, a pupil of Aquino's:

From: "People's Commissar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: alt.satanism
Subject: Re: Mr. Scratch!/Private information
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 06:21:08 -0400

Just cutting off her miserable hands should work.  Maybe ripping out her
tongue too.
Yah, works great in churka countries where religious fanatic abound.

--
Satanic Reds http://www.geocities.com/satanicreds/
Unique - check it out!  www.darktradition.com

"anon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> No harm was done?  Curio, the psychotic with her fantasies, caused untold
> harm, she ruined lives.  She caused psychological damage to the families
of
> the people she harassed and did this for years, including small children
in
> those families.   She ruined careers.  She caused a woman to have to leave
> the country.  Studies have even shown the change in neurochemistry in
people
> who are stalked this way.  And what of their wives and children?
>
> Curio should be executed.  It's as simple as that, Curio should be
executed
> to simply set an example.  She should be given the death penalty for this
> damage.
>
> In the internet age, new laws have to be made.  People can't be allowed to
> terrorize others in this way.  I see on the "COS files" (lost the URL,
> sorry) some people said something about how the Cossers were always trying
> to get information on their members; some even admitted taking part in
this
> To what end?  For purposes of terror?
>
> Enough with this freedom of speech thing.  Some things are more important,
> such as the right of a citizen to be safe.
>

> "Corax" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9e9ah0$5jh$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > A web of intrigue
> > The search for Curio leads cybersleuths down a twisted path
> >
> > By Mark Sauer
> >
> > September 24, 2000
> >
> > Armed with a telephoto lens and a laptop computer with a hidden camera,
> > Michelle Devereaux headed south from San Francisco on a mission to find
> > Curio.
> >
> > Devereaux and her friend Barry camped out for hours at the computer lab
in
> > SDSU' s Love Library, Curio' s favorite place for launching salvos in
her
> > cyberspace campaign. Curio didn' t show.
> >
> > Just when Devereaux was about to give up, however, she spotted a trim,
> > middle-aged woman with longish brown hair sitting amid the forest of
> > computer terminals.
> >
> > Was it Curio? Devereaux had seen her once, even chatted with her
briefly,
> on
> > a reconnaissance tour of the computer lab a month before. But she had to
> be
> > sure.
> >
> > She dispatched Barry with the laptop camera to a vacant machine across
> from
> > their target with orders to start snapping surreptitiously. Then
Devereaux
> [...]
> >
> > Then they' d have her.
> >
> > It would have worked, too, if Barry hadn' t got bored waiting and gone
> back
> > inside for a soda.
> >
> > Curio got away on that day last October. The photos of her from the
secret
> > camera weren' t that clear; nobody recognized the woman staring at the
> SDSU
> > computer screen.
> >
> > It would be another eight months before those who have railed against
her
> > online, have sued her, have traded implied threats with her and reported
> her
> > to the police would get the answer to the question tormenting them:
> >
> > Who is Curio and why is she saying such nasty things about us on the
> > Internet?
> >

> > Amid her many hundreds of Internet postings, Curio offers several
glimpses
> > into her background.
> >
> > In May 1997 she wrote that she had "worked in many facets of the
> child-abuse
> > field for 10 years." She had "seen all manner of atrocities committed
> > against children and witnessed all types of adult games played to avoid
> > culpability."
> >
> > Ten years earlier, Curio learned of a new form of child abuse. "Having a
> > 17-year personal background in the ' occult' has educated me about types
> of
> > individuals who walk this path.
> >
> > "My particular interest is in the subject of ritual abuse."
> >
> > The words "ritual abuse" were often preceded by the word "satanic" in a
> > debate that raged across America for 15 years, from the early 1980s to
> mid-'
> > 90s.
> >
> > Certain psychotherapists and some police investigators and prosecutors
> > purported to have evidence of underground cults, satanic and otherwise,
> who
> > had taken control of day-care centers and were abusing preschoolers in
> blood
> > rituals.
> >
> > These supposedly involved animal -- and even human -- sacrifice,
> > cannibalism, torture and all manner of sexual abuse.
> >
> > The ritual-abuse scare rocked the nation. The McMartin Pre-School case
in
> > Manhattan Beach in the early ' 80s was followed by the Dale Akiki
> > prosecution in San Diego and scores of similar cases around the United
> > States, Canada, Britain and Australia. The media stories were endless.
> >
> > Following the acquittals of the McMartin defendants and Akiki (who won
> more
> > than $3 million from local authorities in a civil lawsuit), the theory
of
> > satanic-ritual-abuse conspiracy was discredited by mental-health experts
> and
> > the co.
> >
> > A 10-year investigation of satanic-ritual-abuse allegations by FBI
Special
> > Agent Ken Lanning turned up virtually nothing. Yet certain people
persist
> in
> > their belief in "these heinous crimes against children." Curio claims to
> be
> > able to document 50 such cases worldwide.
> >
> > In her zeal to protect "young victims," Curio has posted extensive
> > information about notable individuals who worked hard over the years to
> > debunk the notion of satanic-ritual abuse.
> >
> > Most of these people have stated their conclusions regarding ritual
abuse
> in
> > public forums and have been questioned in open court, where no one is
> > anonymous.
> >
> > But now they were being challenged -- libeled, in their words -- by
> someone
> > who operated at a distinct advantage. Curio (who often went by the full
> > pseudonym Karen Curio Jones) said her anonymity was necessary "for
safety
> > reasons" and she protected it fiercely.
> >
> > That drove her opponents in the Internet "flame wars" nuts.
> >
> > "You can' t imagine what this does to you until you' ve gone through
it,"
> > said Carol Hopkins, who is near the top of Curio' s Internet enemies
list.
> > "She has disrupted our personal lives, called employers, talked to law
> > enforcement.
> >
> > "She makes all sorts of unsubstantiated claims. There are a lot of
crazies
> > out there and some may be willing to act. It is truly frightening."
> >

> > Carol Hopkins was a natural target for Curio.
> >
> > A former school administrator, Hopkins was an outspoken member of the
> > 1991-92 San Diego County Grand Jury that blasted the child-protection
> system
> > after investigating wide-ranging allegations of zealous social workers
> > removing children from their homes without cause.
> >
> > Hopkins later formed the Justice Committee and publicized what she
> > identified as false allegations of child abuse here and around the
nation.
> > Curio blamed Hopkins and two San Diego Union-Tribune reporters (Jim
> Okerblom
> > and the author of this story) for ending official interest here in
> > satanic-ritual abuse:
> >
> > "In my opinion, Carol Hopkins, Mark Sauer and Jim Okerblom misreported
on
> > and gave a one-sided portrayal of ritual abuse for the county of San
Diego
> > nonstop for approximately six years," Curio wrote in a post revealing
> > Hopkins' recent move to Mexico.
> >
> > "Her criticism of me on the Internet was constant," Hopkins said. "She
> > accused me of protecting child molesters, insinuated I was a child
> molester,
> > claimed I don' t believe child abuse exists. Curio was a big factor in
my
> > decision to give up the Justice Committee.
> >
> > "I moved to Mexico for a fresh start and then she tracks me down here.
I'
> ve
> > learned that nobody escapes the Internet."
> >
> > Another of Curio' s favorite subjects is Elizabeth Loftus, professor of
> > psychology and adjunct professor of law at the University of Washington
in
> > Seattle.
> >
> > An internationally known expert on the workings of memory, Loftus has
> > written numerous articles and books decrying the idea that trauma
> associated
> > with child sexual abuse acts to repress the memory of such horrible
> events.
> >
> > And she has testified for the defense in many trials (including the
Akiki
> > case), explaining how memories -- especially those of young children --
> can
> > be manipulated, even by well-meaning people.
> >
> > According to Curio, Loftus "colluded with" Hopkins to write the critical
> > grand-jury reports, a claim both women denounce as absurd.
> >
> > Loftus said she recently was invited to deliver the keynote address at a
> > convention of the New Zealand Psychology Society and arrived to find
> herself
> > the center of controversy.
> >
> > Accusations that she conspires to protect child molesters, many fueled
by
> > Curio' s Internet postings, led to a story in the Wellington Evening
Post
> [...]
> > much less tried and convicted, in the Presidio case -- a point Curio
> > concedes.
> >
> > But that hasn' t stopped her from insinuating he abuses children in
> satanic
> > rituals.
> >
> > "My basic interest was to identify an anonymous person who, because of
> > his/her obsessions and delusions, might pose a threat to the safety of
> > myself and my family," Aquino said.
> >
> > Curio claims that Aquino was booted out of the Army as a result of the
> > Presidio investigation.
> >
> > Aquino, who adamantly denies any involvement in the Presidio day-care
> center
> > or satanic-ritual abuse, said that in addition to the Bronze Star (1970)
> and
> > many other military awards, he was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal
> in
> > 1994 following his voluntary retirement from the Army.
> >

> > In the beginning, Michelle Devereaux said, she was not a target of Curio
> but
> > a compatriot.
> >
> > Devereaux, 43, has two grown sons, a plethora of tattoos and body
> piercings
> > and an extraordinary knowledge of cyberspace after 20 years in the
> computer
> > business.
> >
> > She also once believed she had been abused by a satanic cult herself.
> >
> > "Curio and I were coming from the same place -- I spent eight or nine
> years
> > in therapy, all the while researching satanic-ritual abuse," Devereaux
> said.
> > "It wasn' t until 1999 that I exited the cloud of unknowing."
> >
> > Curio, she said, "sealed it for me that this stuff is all a bunch of
crap.
> > When she came along doing her Internet thing and saying all this stuff
> about
> > these people, I finally realized how crazy it all was.
> >
> > "I feel sorry for her on one hand. But she' s vicious. And she' s got
her
> > supporters. She was really hurting people. I decided to get involved."
> >
> > Devereaux became a cybersleuth. She traced Curio' s Internet posts to
> > specific computers.
> >
> > Besides her home computer, Curio posted from computer labs at SDSU, USD
> and
> > UCSD as well as from Children' s Hospital, Sharp HealthCare Centers, San
> > Diego Public Library, San Diego County Library and local cybercafes.
> >
> > So determined was she to protect her anonymity, Curio not only favored
> > public computers but also forged her online identity and scrambled her
> > electronic trail.
> >
> > But Devereaux eventually smoked her out.
> >
> > "I came up with a way to monitor the Internet so every time she posted,
> > got paged," Devereaux said.
> >
> > She had contacted police in San Diego and San Francisco about Curio' s
> > "cyberstalking crusade," yet failed to garner much interest. But
Devereaux
> > found a sympathetic ear at SDSU Police headquarters on campus.
> >
> > "In some of the Internet correspondence, it was alleged that Curio had
> made
> > threats and might be carrying a gun. That raised our interest," said
> > Detective Susan McCrary.
> >
> > She and Lt. Eddie Gilbert agreed to work with Devereaux to catch Curio
as
> > she posted from SDSU. Devereaux turned over her secret photos and a
> detailed
> > description of Curio; the computer lab was alerted.
> >
> > In late May, Gilbert got a sudden call from Devereaux: Curio was
posting.
> "I
> > rushed over, but she was gone," he said.
> >
> > Then on Tuesday, June 13 at 1 p.m., Devereaux' s pager again went off.
She
> > called Gilbert immediately; he again hustled over to the computer lab in
> the
> > center of campus.
> >
> > And there she was.
> >
> > "I was in plain clothes with another investigator," Gilbert said. "She
> didn'
> > t match the photo I had -- she' d cut her hair. But I was pretty sure it
> was
> > her. I requested back-up from uniformed officers because of the
> information
> > about a gun.
> >
> > "(Curio) moved to another computer and I noticed she had signed on as
> > ThomasDylan@hotmail -- one of her aliases. We moved in and detained her.
> >
> > "She was extremely upset, kind of paranoid, really. She said dangerous
> > people had been after her for some time, that they were out to get her
and
> > now the police were cooperating with them."
> >
> > The officers searched Curio' s bag but found no gun.
> >
> > "When we asked if she' d been using university computers to harass
people
> on
> > the Internet, she said, ' I post messages and information.' She denied
> ever
> > harassing anyone in her life, however."
> >
> > But Curio was anonymous no longer.
> >
> > Her name, Gilbert said, is Diana L. Napolis, 44, of La Mesa. She worked
> for
> > San Diego County as a child-protection-services investigator for many
> years
> > before leaving that post in 1996.
> >
> > "She told us she is self-employed now, working in child-custody cases
> > downtown,"
> >
> > McCrary said.
> >
> > The police warned her not to use SDSU computers any longer. "One of our
> big
> > concerns on this campus is stalking and harassment," McCrary said.
> >
> > Then they let her go.
> >
> > Within days of Curio' s apprehension at  SDSU, state records show, a
Diana