-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 10/29/01 10:57:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< The Spiritualists put Christ on the same level as Moses and St. Germain and
 the Fox sisters...in fact, they usually refer to 'the Christ Consciousness'
 or 'the Christ Spirit', and rarely refer to Christ as a historical, living
 man and NEVER refer to Christ as the Son of God...

 I have never known Judaism to 'revere' Christ... >>

Perhaps the word revere is too strong a word as far as Jews and Christ.  I
was simply going on the fact that a Jewish classmate told our class many
years ago that the Jews considered Christ to be an important prophet but not
the messiah.  Since I understood that all prophets are revered, my words
followed that understanding.

It must be that different Spiritualists follow different ideas.  I am not a
member of that group, but I do attend a Spiritualist church fairly
frequently.  I like their open minds.  I have never met a Spiritualist who
speaks of St. Germain.  I've known some folks who do from time to time, but
they were members of Clara Prophet's group.  Moses is also not spoken of
other than as an historical figure in the Bible.  And while the Fox sisters
are occasionally talked about when the history of the Spiritualist movement
is discussed, I've never heard anyone speak of them as anything but two
sisters who were instrumental in the origin of the movement.  Christ is
certainly spoken of in the exact same way that most Christian churches speak
of Him, but since the Spiritualists do not accept either the Apostle's Creed
or the Nicene Creed, they do not consider themselves Christians.  The
interesting thing is that while most Christian churches are profoundly
affected by the conception and death of Christ, they give little attention to
the words and actions of Christ.  The Spiritualists do exactly the opposite,
and the Golden Rule is a basic tenet of Spiritualism.   It is a most
fascinating study.   Prudy