-Caveat Lector-

the British did not divvy it up
Jinnah (first ruler of pakistan) refused to have the Muslim areas be part of
India, despite Gandhi's pleading to the contrary, and the country got
divided, because of the Indian's (later Indian and Pakistani) desires.

the shah (?) of Kashmir hated the other Muslim leaders at the time, and
refused to be part of Pakistan with them, so Kashmir got divided, between
India Pakistan and china, must to the chagrin of the Muslim majority, who
would have liked to be Pakistani.

Kashmir is lovely place, I spent several weeks living on a houseboat in the
Indian portion of Kashmir, but have not been able to go back, because of the
rising danger to travelers there

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to
state I finally won out over it"

Elwood P Dowd

NEURONAUTIC INSTITUTE on-line: http://home.earthlink.net/~thew