-Caveat Lector-

I used to go out with a red arrows pilot and he had a black out  and a
friend of mine is a pilot and his friend was killed last month in a plane
when he pulled too many G's.
I would think this could apply to airline pilots as well in an emergency
when i was a stewardess we had an emergency thingy we had to practise in the
event of a pilot blacking out which involved moving their chair  backwards
(Not easy) after removing the body with the help of the first officer
assuming of course they were still compos mentis.
One thing to add though technology is far more advanced today and i would
imagine it wouldnt apply would it to say a fighter pilot because he would be
better equipped for the task ie suited out and oxygen mask.already on.
When there is going to be an emergency on board a commercial airliner and
they know there is going to be one then the flight crew don oxygen masks
because of the sudden drop in altitude but if there is an unpredicted
emergency then they dont have the time to put one on unless they are really
clever.
I used to do training flights  (just looking after the flight deck and their
needs Like coffee and tea etc.,) (no passengers obviously )and they do make
dives but well within the limits this require a strong stomach and having
had some experience of what could happen i honestly think that in an
emergency you are on additional adrenalin which empowers you with heigtened
senses but re flight 77 it is unlikely that adrenalin could do much good in
a situation like this.
Sorry my knowledge is limited on this
I can ask my pilot friend if i get to see him over the weekend.
The Mermaid xxx