-Caveat Lector-

Not as defense but in the way of explanation

Israel sees itself besieged by enemies on all sides - neighbors vowing to
push her into the sea, the UN declaring the concept of the state
illegitimate, and was founded by people who had just gone through attempted
genocide. This might account for the secrecy and uncooperative nature.

Israel misread the post 9/11 world, and thought people would finally back it
in its war on terrorism. Almost worked out that way - but it didn¹t.

on 12/05/02 10:57 AM, unseemlydogposture at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> not saying i condone acts of violnece by either side
> and i certainly don't applaud anyone of any race being
> blown up.
>
> however, while both sides are clearly antagonising the
> situation, israel being the more powerful in both a
> military and intelligence sense should be the one to
> be seen to act more responsibly.  i don't think i'm
> bending history or morality with this point of view.
> israel must also answer for many other actions that
> could have an affect of a world-wide nature (as must
> any country), yet it appears to be largely
> uncooprative, secretive and aggressive.
>
> totally aside from people being blown up left right
> and centre, this is just how the situation seems to
> me.
>

> --- thew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > -Caveat
> Lector-
>>
>> It's quite easy to object actually.
>>
>> Most people take an extremely one sided view of this
>> issue.
>>
>> On this list the death of a Palestinian child is
>> viewed as a tragedy, while
>> the blowing up of Jewish children on a school bus is
>> treated as a brave
>> revolutionary act.
>>
>> I have many harsh things to say about Israel. I will
>> not however bend facts
>> and history and morality to push that agenda.
>>

>> on 12/05/02 10:33 AM, unseemlydogposture at
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:
>>
>>> -Caveat Lector-
>>>
>>> you're absolutely right, though at present it
>> seems
>>> difficult to object.
>>>
>>> --- thew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > -Caveat
>>> Lector-

>> on

>> politically

> HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html";>Archives

> HREF="http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/";>ctrl</A>

>> of

>> list.
>> many
>> politically

>> Lector.

> HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html";>Archives

> HREF="http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/";>ctrl</A>

>>> =====

>>> Everything you'll ever need on one web page
>>> from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
>>> http://uk.my.yahoo.com
>>>
>>> <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/";>www.ctrl.org</A>
>>> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
>>> ==========
>>> CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange
>> list. Proselytizing propagandic
>>> screeds are unwelcomed. Substance?not
>> soap-boxing?please!  These are
>>> sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'?with its
>> many half-truths, mis-
>>> directions and outright frauds?is used politically
>> by different groups with
>>> major and minor effects spread throughout the
>> spectrum of time and thought.
>>> That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the
> [...]

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is a force. Like fire, it
is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be
left to irresponsible action.

George Washington

NEURONAUTIC INSTITUTE on-line: http://home.earthlink.net/~thew