On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 07:14:15PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Max, and lo! it spake thus:

> - XFT fonts handling, will give access to many great fonts;

In fact, that's one of the things on my to-look-at list.  That leads
into the "what stacks are in use" question.  Xft2 (at a glance) has
been around for ~15 years now.  Almost all of the X apps on my system
depend on it; even xterm has been using it unconditionally at least
since 2004 (I can't be bothered looking further back).  Could there be
systems we should care about lacking it?

> - add a f.copytitle function that copies the title of the window to
> the primary selection and/or clipboard;

That would make an excellent "get your feet wet" project for somebody;
it involves a little ctwm and a little X, but is otherwise isolated
and free from larger architectural issues.  If someone wants to tackle
it, that would give me an excuse to bump "start putting together a dev
manual" up the list, with a section on adding functions.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net