On Mon 25 Sep 2017 at 01:14:35 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> function move-to-specified-workspace { f.occupy f.vanish }

I guess that that may not work because f.occupy is async, it just pops
up the occupation window. f.vanish will run immediately, and do nothing
if the window is present in just one workspace.

I tried

function "occutest1" { f.toggleoccupation "One"  f.vanish }
function "occutest5" { f.toggleoccupation "Five" f.vanish }

combined with calling these from some existing window menu:

menu "windowmenu" {
    "Occupy test 1"     f.function "occutest1"
    "Occupy test 5"     f.function "occutest5"
}

and that seemed to work.

> I reversed the order: Neither worked right.
>
> By the way, is there a way to pass an argument to a user defined
> function, or do I have to make a function for each workspace?

I don't think so, and I have wished for something like that as well.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.