On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 03:06:05PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker, and lo! it spake thus:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:48:41 +0100 (CET),
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>
> dl> Again, sorry for the outburst.
>
> Hmm, OK, I need som clarity here.
>
> I recall that there were some problems with Gnome and KDE, are those
> no more?  I don't have the time to test with those desktop systems
> myself, so please help me bring clarity in my mind.

It was my understanding (just from the list, since I don't use 'em
either) that whatever problems there were, were in 3.6 as well, so
while it may be a bug, it's not a regression.  Something that should
be fixed, perhaps, but not an argument against 3.7 qua 3.7.

Of course, I could be all wet; if they ARE regressions, then they do
need to be smacked down.  But ISTM that _that_ is the question to be
answered.

> If 3.7a5 is good enough to go to beta or release state, even with
> the stuff I don't check, I'm all for it!
>
> I'm using CTWM 3.7a5 myself, just as it is without any desktop
> system, and I'm quite happy with it for now.

I'd back it.  I went from 3.6 to 3.7a5 without having to change
anything in my rc file, and everything worked just fine.  And it
certainly seems a step forward, even if only for being able to deal
with those stupid phantom GTK windows so I can f.setoccupy Mozilla
finally.  There's plenty of parts of the code that I don't exercise at
all, though, so that may not mean much.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]