On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 11:18:59AM +0100 I heard the voice of
Aaron Sloman, and lo! it spake thus:

> 'mnt log' tells me that files changed since 2007 are:

But really, you don't want changes since 2007.  You want changes since
the 3.8a release.  There are changes since then that were in 2007.

I attached a log since 3.8a a few messages back
(<http://tigerdyr.wheel.dk/ctwm-archive/2172.html>, attachment link at
the bottom).  That was just generated by....   grub in shell
history...

% mtn log --no-merges --no-graph --to t:ctwm-3.8a > ctwm.log

That pulls the log, skipping merge revs[0] and not drawing the
ASCII-art ancestry graph[1], starting from the tip (e.g., the latest
revision; implicit in running log), and running to the rev identified
by tag 'ctwm-3.8a'.

("ctwm-3.8a" is a tag that was set on what AFAIK is the revision that
was thrown into a tarball and called 3.8a.  I didn't bother actually
verifying that that's the case, but I'll take Richard's word for it
for the purpose of pulling that list).

This is why you use a VCS after all    8-}

[0] In mtn, this can make sense sometimes (like in this list), since
    the merge rev doesn't tell you anything about what's changed that
    wasn't already communicated by the revs merged; it only tells you
    when things were merged together.  This isn't necessarily the same
    in other DVCSen of course.

[1] Purely wasted space for the purpose of building that list after
    all.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net