In message <201201051905.q05j5pkt016...@gromit.cs.bham.ac.uk> on Thu, 5 Jan
2012 19:05:25 GMT, Aaron Sloman <a.slo...@cs.bham.ac.uk> said:

A.Sloman> However the 'make' command produced a series of errors which were
A.Sloman> removed by installing four groups of packages with these commands and
A.Sloman> then redoing the 'make' command (four times):
A.Sloman>
A.Sloman>     yum install libXmu-devel
A.Sloman>     yum install libXpm-devel
A.Sloman>     yum install libjpeg-turbo-devel
A.Sloman>     yum install gcc
A.Sloman>
A.Sloman> I presume ubuntu/debian users would compress 'devel' to 'dev' and use
A.Sloman> 'apt-get' instead of 'yum'

On debian, you currently need xutils-dev as well (to get xmkmf).

I see no problems adding that to README...  However, that information
is inevitably going to be aged sooner or later...

--
Richard Levitte                         rich...@levitte.org
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/