On Tue 14 Aug 2012 at 08:02:42 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> The problem is simple: the title bar is sized based on the maximum size
> of text that might appear there.  With utf-8, this maximum size is
> significantly larger because many more chars can be displayed there, and
> many more fonts might be used to display those chars.

I had a similar issue with that when working on a completely other
program which uses texts (the menus in VICE with Xaw GUI). I had to
fudge things in a particular horrible way to adjust the distance between
items in the menus, depending on whether "internationalization" was
enabled.

> I use a local patch which changes ctwm so as not to use the "maximum
> potential height" of chars, but instead the "average height of displayed
> chars".  I guess I should clean it up and post it here.

Oh, that would be nice. It might be helpful for my problem too.

>         Stefan
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor