Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 06:55:12PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Rhialto, and lo! it spake thus:
So I would propose to commit the OnTopPriority things first, and
then separately eradicate the WindowBoxes. They were probably never
used anyway given their unfixed issues.
I always feel a little sad yanking features that even "often" work.
But I don't know nuffin' about WindowBoxes.  I passed them by in the
manpage once and thought "huh, interesting, sounds like it could be
useful for something", and then promptly forgot all about it until you
mention them just now.

So, _I_ wouldn't notice them disappearing.  No idea whether anyone
else would, though.  Google doesn't point out anything but the source
tree, but how many people's configs does Google have?  My gut says if
they prevent or significantly complicate something we know someone
DOES want, or they're really unusable for anything, whack 'em.  If
it's more along the lines of "will interact poorly when used with",
I'm a little more inclined to keep 'em around in case someone is.

Absent somebody speaking up and saying "hey, I'm using that", I'd say
"your judgement".  Not sure you'd wanna kill it just for being ugly
and incomplete.  But if it's getting in your way, well, sorry little
WindowBox, you were just in the wrong file at the wrong time   ;)

   Hi,

  The WindowBox was created to better handle the ton of xload windows I had on
my screen so I can put them in a single WM managed window. I used it for a
while but it was never fully polished.

     Claude.

--
Claude Lecommandeur           claude.lecommand...@epfl.ch
EPFL - PL-DIT - KIS           +41 21 6932297

Don't panic, it's me.