On Wed, 2 Jan 2013, GitHub wrote:

 Commit: 13606bbfdeaa3bac193e1f39a05a9c9b5f15d1b5

https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/13606bbfdeaa3bac193e1f39a05a9c9b5f15d1b5
 Author: Yang Tse <yangs...@gmail.com>

Hello Yang,

Can you please explain to us what problems you solve or what other benefits this huge renaming of headers and source files brings us?

We've managed fine for almost 15 years and I feel quite at "home" with our current names. I really don't understand why we need to rename this en masse like this and I would really urge you to discuss this kind of drastic changes ahead of time on this list so that we can get input and suggestions from more people.

I don't see the need for a generic curl_ prefix for neither headers nor source files!

--

 / daniel.haxx.se