Hi Michael,
On 01.04.2013 23:24, Michael-O wrote:
Am 2013-04-01 22:52, schrieb Guenter:
1st we need to know if this is also an issue with the default windows
resolver; so have you also tested with a non-c-ares build?
If it only occures with c-ares then this is only an issue with this lib,
but not with libcurl.

How can I know? I have compiled plain vanilla with mingw.
I presume that Features: AsynchDNS is standard windows resolver. That's
what Daniel wrote as first reply.
yep; somehow I must have mixed this up with c-ares, sorry about! Was probably because Gisle wrote about c-ares; but again: I mixed things up!

I have built now c-ares 1.9.1 with 'mingw32-make -f Makefile.m32' and
tried to compile curl against it:

1. Added #define HTTP_ONLY and uncommented #define USE_ARES in
config-win32.h
2. Set LIBCARES_PATH=E:\Downloads\c-ares-1.9.1
3. Finally compiled curl with mingw32-make mingw32-winssl-ares

But the linking fails with:
[snip]
What now?
oh! seems that c-ares is build static only while libcurl tries to link the dynamic one; I will look into this; probably something wrong with the makefiles ....

Gün.