On Tue, 13 Feb 2018, Francisco Sedano Crippa (fsedanoc) wrote:

Ideally I’d like to setup a callback with ares_set_socket_configure_callback(), but in order to do so, I need access to internal libcurl c-ares channel, which is embedded in the Curl_easy structure.

Is there any way to access such c-ares channel so I can properly intercept c-ares socket usage, like we can do with CURLOPT_OPENSOCKETFUNCTION in libcurl?

No, that's something we've not felt the need for before... I can't think of any other way to offer such a feature than to add a special and dedicated "set socket options" callback for c-ares or perhaps rather for "the resolver back-end". (There's work ongoing in making the resolver back-end totally pluggable which then possibly also appreciate such an ability.)