On Wed, 16 May 2018, Zach van Rijn wrote:

two entries (lines 1171 and 2638 respectively) have comments that are in UTF-8, which I noticed today, pasted below for reference:

Should these be converted [via 'mk-ca-bundle'], ignored [leave the file as-is] or some other option?

I think that as long as nobody reports a problem with them being left as-is we can just let them be. Unless someone feels an urge to dig in and figure out what the "right" way forward is here.

My second question is, would there be any interest in having an "in-memory" certificate option? I see an example [3] for OpenSSL, but am considering adding something like 'ssl_camem' in addition to 'ssl_cafile' and 'ssl_capath' [4], and the respective easy-opt flag, perhaps 'CURLOPT_CAMEM' to specify a char * pointing to in- memory contents of that CA file.

I think there is an interest. This subject has been up before[1] and is also mentioned in the TODO [2].

I don't know how complicated this feature is to implement for other TLS backends than openssl (and its siblings boringssl/libressl).

[1] = https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/2310
[2] = https://curl.haxx.se/docs/todo.html#Support_in_memory_certs_ca_certs

--

 / daniel.haxx.se