Daniel Jeliński wrote:

Besides the 'test' data-file gives the wrong picture under
a VPN-connection. With PPTP/L2TP compression

I believe VPN operates on a lower level than TCP, so send buffer usage
will not be affected by VPN compression. But you could see speeds
faster than what your ISP advertises, which is kind of nice.

Some VPN uses UDP (IPsec, port 4500) and the send-buffer
Winsock provides to them. So maybe this generator command gives
a better picture:
  openssl rand -out %TEMP%\curl-test 1048448

But I guess we cannot assume everybody have OpenSSL installed.

--
--gv