You can try the following:

{{get-the-applet}.browse-url {url "javascript://window.close()"}}

But it might not work for all browsers, operating systems, etc.

The better solution is to use a script:

{curl 3.0 script}

//open windows

{event-loop}

//end of script

Write a simple batch file that start the script file (for Windows):
C:/Programs/Curl Corporation/surge/4/bin/curl.exe myscript.xcurl

Alternatively, from Curl 4.0 there might be "detached applets" available
that won't run in a browser but in its own window.

Friedger