It has come to my attention that FreeBSD has removed fortunes quoted
from Adolf Hitler a few days ago. I was very surprised that there
actually were such quotes!

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=325781
or
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/commit/0271df5714d9ce5274f82889febb6536a2fdba59

Then soon after that they went a bit overboard and removed basically all
fortune cookies:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=325828

I tried to find any discussion on this in the FreeBSD mailing lists but
could not find anything, save something from 10 years ago where
obviously nothing was done in the end.
http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/Re-who-wrote-this-td4249321.html

I checked our fortune cookies database, and I was appalled to notice
that we do have the same quotes there. Apart from those quotes being
wholly inappropriate in a list of funny quotes, they are probably
illegal in Germany (where I now happen to live).

I hereby propose to remove them (but not remove all fortunes).
I have sent a pr (bin/52735, http://gnats.netbsd.org/52735) with a
patch.

>How-To-Repeat:

$ fortune -m Hitler all

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.