On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 03:03:24AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>     Date:        Thu, 25 Jan 2024 20:12:36 +0100
>     From:        Adam <a...@netbsd.org>
>
>   | Correct, _LIBC_INTERNAL is not defined for tools/compat.
>
> I wonder what the difference is between your environment, and
> a standard build on a NetBSD host.

My guess is a system header (md2.h?) being found unintendly (either only
on macOS or in case of NetBSD having the "right" bits in the system header).

Adam, can you check the *.d file in your objdir correspoding to the failing
compiler invocation and show us what system headers are mentioned there?

Martin