It's been a couple of years now since I installed my current "GeForce GTX 1050 Ti" video card. It has always had "issues", especially with
firefox, and it seems to be getting worse as time goes by.  Symptoms
generally manifest themselves as long-delay hangs (up to a minute or
more, sometimes longer than my limited patience will tolerate).
During these hangs, firefox seems to behave almost normal - menus
drop down, mouse clicks on the "x" close tabs, new tabs can be
opened, etc.  But other things, such as cursor changing to a finger
when moved over a link, or trying to execute a search, or even a
simple reload-page are ignored.

As I said, this has been getting worse over time, and with a recent
update of the OS (running 10.99.4, updating from October to last week)
firefox has become almost unuseable.  I can search for things on
newegg.com but cannot display interesting results.

So, I'm looking for a few things:

1) Does this sound familiar to anyone else?  Or am I just a set-of-1 ?

2) Are there any alternatives to firefox?

3) Any recommendations on potential replacement of the video card?

Thanks in advance!

| Paul Goyette (.sig) | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:    |
| (Retired)           | 1B11 1849 721C 56C8 F63A | p...@whooppee.com    |
| Software Developer  | 6E2E 05FD 15CE 9F2D 5102 | pgoye...@netbsd.org  |
| & Network Engineer  |                          | pgoyett...@gmail.com |