On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 2:42 PM Paul Goyette <p...@whooppee.com> wrote:

> It's been a couple of years now since I installed my current "GeForce
> GTX 1050 Ti" video card. It has always had "issues", especially with
> firefox, and it seems to be getting worse as time goes by.  Symptoms
> generally manifest themselves as long-delay hangs (up to a minute or
> more, sometimes longer than my limited patience will tolerate).
> During these hangs, firefox seems to behave almost normal - menus
> drop down, mouse clicks on the "x" close tabs, new tabs can be
> opened, etc.  But other things, such as cursor changing to a finger
> when moved over a link, or trying to execute a search, or even a
> simple reload-page are ignored.

Hi,

The only option I can suggest is to try to disable gpu acceleration
("Use recommended performance settings" ->"Use hardware acceleration
when available"). Depending on the graphics card, some work decently
on NetBSD, some were causing similar symptoms to me and disabling
hardware acceleration was helping to regain usability. In general,
firefox still feels a bit more sluggish in NetBSD in comparison to
other OSes either way (with performance optimization enabled or not).
I am currently using Radeon 5700XT which has the best performance so
far I had in NetBSD and works quite well with Firefox for me. Though,
it has few bugs other bugs (occasional crashes (mainly on boot) and I
can't switch between Xorg and terminal, it causes 3/4 of the xorg
screen to become black).