On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Doug Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Tim Kientzle wrote: >> >> This case is a little unusual: by default, I want to >> install both 'cpio' programs and symlink the common name >> to one of them. > > I'm not sure how that relates to Jeremie's (valid) point that these flags > need to be part of the system in bsd.own.mk. I admit that getting stuff in > there was a little intimidating to me at first, but Ruslan has created a > nice automated system, and he'll be glad to help you if you need it. > >> How about this: >> WITH_GCPIO (default) - installs gcpio, symlinks 'cpio' unless >> WITH_BSDCPIO defined >> WITHOUT_GCPIO - does not install gcpio at all >> WITH_BSDCPIO (default) - installs bsdcpio, symlinks 'cpio' >> WITHOUT_BSDCPIO - does not install bsdcpio at all > > If by "not install" you mean "build or install" then I'm with you, but I > think it might be a little complicated. I'm not sure why you want to build > and install both by default (except maybe to ease people's concerns in the > interim period) but if it were me, in HEAD I would do this: > > WITH_BSDCPIO (default) build, install, and symlink to cpio > WITHOUT_GCPIO (default) do not build or install > > Then if WITHOUT_BSDCPIO is defined you don't build or install it, and if > WITH_GCPIO is defined you build, install, and symlink it, regardless of the > state of the BSDCPIO knob. > > When this gets MFC'ed I would just flip the defaults. > > > FWIW, > > Doug
I agree completely with Doug. -Garrett _______________________________________________ [email protected] mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/cvs-all To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
