On a related item, I'm doing a CWE a week with my Smartcontracts working
group (~10 total and then we'll release a short paper on it at the end of
summer) at the Cloud Security Alliance. Longer term my plan is to look at
all the stuff covered in places like rekt.news or Microsoft blog entries
and so on, and make sure it maps cleanly to a CWE, and if not, to make a
CWE for it. E.g. so far:
[image: Screenshot 2022-05-31 191808.png]

I've submitted 1, 3, and 4 so far, and 5 are going in next week (3 for 1
sale =). In my mind every CVE/vuln/etc writeup should map to a CWE, and I
don't mean CWE-20.

We literally need a few hundred more CWE's, especially in the smart
contract/blockchain space, and the Cloud SaaS space. CWE is showing its age
with respect to "software" being something you download and run locally.
That's not the case so much anymore.

--
Kurt Seifried (He/Him)
k...@seifried.org