Dear CWE Community,

We are thrilled to announce that CWE version 4.10 is now available on our
website -
https://cwe.mitre.org<https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcwe.mitre.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cyogeshwar%40tataelxsi.co.in%7Cd2682bdcec124a43446c08d89d6f4719%7Cad6a39dd96b6436882daf2ec4d92e26a%7C0%7C0%7C637432448566280699%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=TrNja2MqhMg%2FBhNU0I7xgvuWOt5CzcW5keyRjhuWW8w%3D&reserved=0>.
 Thank you to all our content submitters for your time and efforts to
collaborate and make this release possible, especially the significant
contributions by the CWE Hardware
SIG<https://cwe.mitre.org/community/working_groups.html#hw_sig> and CWE-CAPEC
ICS/OT SIG<https://cwe.mitre.org/community/working_groups.html#ics_ot_sig>, as
noted below.

A detailed report listing the specific changes between Version 4.9 and 4.10 can
be found here (diff
report<https://cwe.mitre.org/data/reports/diff_reports/v4.9_v4.10.html>), but
below I have listed some of the key highlights:

  *   Added 1 new CWE weakness for use of vulnerable third-party components,
CWE-1395: Dependency on Vulnerable Third-Party
Component<https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/1395.html>
  *   Revamped CWE-1357: Reliance on Insufficiently Trustworthy
Component<https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/1357.html> to emphasize
dependency on "insufficiently trustworthy" components
  *   Changed over 400 CWE descriptions to replace "software" with "product" to
better allow the scope of those CWEs to include hardware, driven by experience
with the ICS/OT
SIG<https://cwe.mitre.org/community/working_groups.html#ics_ot_sig> and the CWE
Hardware SIG<https://cwe.mitre.org/community/working_groups.html#hw_sig>
  *   Changed categories and relationships in the Hardware
View<https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/1194.html> (CWE-1194)
  *   Improved names, descriptions, and/or demonstrative examples of multiple
hardware weaknesses
  *   Updated the ICS/OT View<https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/1358.html>
(CWE-1358) including relationships, descriptions, and mappings to the ISA/IEC
62443<https://www.isa.org/standards-and-publications/isa-standards/isa-iec-62443-series-of-standards>
 standard, based on contributions by the ICS/OT SIG
  *   Added more Mapping Notes
  *   Updated some relationships under CWE-284: Improper Access
Control<https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/284.html>
  *   Provided cloud-related details for some CWEs (mitigations, applicable
platforms, and demonstrative examples)
  *   Added more observed examples for products written in Python or Go
  *   Deprecated CWE-1324: Sensitive Information Accessible by Physical Probing
of JTAG Interface<https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/1324.html>

We are really excited about this release, and we look forward to you diving
into the new content. On behalf of the CWE Team, thank you for your continued
support of the CWE/CAPEC Program.

Cheers,
Alec

--