On 3/26/07, Dan Diephouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I too would like to see a bundle jar so users don't have to manage all the
cxf-* jars.
Currently we have a manifest jar which helps in setting up the classpath
(you only have to reference cxf-incubator.jar), but managing the cxf-* jars
is unwieldy and a PITA.
I would like to see us have a bundle jar which includes the most commonly
used modules. Then people could add the jbi, jca, etc jars if they wanted.

A couple of things that I'll ask in this context:

1) Please make it absolutely clear what it required for/by what.  For
example, dealing with Spring via Maven is a confusing PITA because
what lives where isn't clearly specified.

2) I can't think of a (good) reason that code layout choices
(separation of interface and implementation codebases) or artificial
constraints (maven's predilections about directories) should influence
artifacts.  These things are also confusing -- do I need both the
ifact and impl JARs?  (Ultimately, if it's not for public use, then it
should be package private anyway...)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mult.ifario.us/

Reply via email to