On 3/27/07, Hani Suleiman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mar 27, 2007, at 8:36 AM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> What I would like to see is this (and I think this satisfies your
> concerns
> Hani)
> 1. API & Core combined
> 2. A cxf-core-bundle.jar produced which contains the frequently
> used modules
> (core, jax-ws, etc)
> 3. In the distribution include the cxf-bundle.jar and any other
> individual
> modules we don't want included by default (like jbi or jca).
>

Yeah this would help, though I'd still go for 1 and 2 combined, in a
cxf.jar (and 3 is cxf-extras.jar).


Wouldn't a cxf-bundle.jar be the same thing in effect? All you see at the
end of it is a cxf-bundle.jar. (It should probably just be named cxf.jar, I
am using -bundle for clarity).

By splitting up the different modules in Maven we're ensuring that we don't
inadvertently depend on things which we shouldn't, which helps you the end
user by reducing the number of dependencies. For instance, by separating out
the JAX-WS module, we're able to ensure that we don't force a user to have a
dependency on the JAX-WS jars. If you're just using the simple pojo
frontend, this significantly reduces your dependency list.

- Dan
--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions
http://envoisolutions.com | http://netzooid.com/blog

Reply via email to