I've been looking at the minijar plugin on mojo: http://mojo.codehaus.org/minijar-maven-plugin/
It has an "ueberjar" goal that can be used to combine jars and such. I'm not completely sure on the status of it right now though. Dan On Tuesday 27 March 2007 09:31, James Strachan wrote: > On 3/27/07, Dan Diephouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > On 3/27/07, Hani Suleiman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > On Mar 27, 2007, at 7:27 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote: > > > > God no. I can see api and rt-core being combined. However, > > > > none of the > > > > other rt-* artifacts should be combined into it. All of those > > > > are modular for a reason and should stay that way. > > > > > > Why? > > > > From a maven point of view it makes dependency management much > > easier. > > > > What I would like to see is this (and I think this satisfies your > > concerns Hani) > > 1. API & Core combined > > 2. A cxf-core-bundle.jar produced which contains the frequently used > > modules (core, jax-ws, etc) > > 3. In the distribution include the cxf-bundle.jar and any other > > individual modules we don't want included by default (like jbi or > > jca). > > +1 > > I'm a big fan of the 'one jar to use a library/framework' approach; we > do it in ActiveMQ and Camel too (as do Spring as well). Note though > that this is not an exclusive decision. Developers can choose to use > the individual jars if they wish, or the big-ass-bundle jar if they > prefer. When I'm a user of CXF I know I'd prefer just one big jar with > the common stuff in it. > > BTW here's pom.xml from Camel which makes the single jar containing > all the little jars if anyone wants to reuse it... > > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/trunk/apache-camel/pom >.xml > > (search for maven-bundle-plugin). The only trick is that the jars > being put into the assembly jars must be dependencies of the pom.xml -- J. Daniel Kulp Principal Engineer IONA P: 781-902-8727 C: 508-380-7194 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.dankulp.com/blog
