So you get this message:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/el/ExpressionFactoryImpl
        at org.jboss.seam.ioc.spring.SpringELResolver.initialize(
SpringELResolver.java:45)
        ... 149 more

JBoss AS 4.2.1 and 4.0.5 both supply the API class ExpressionFactory in

  server/<servername>/lib/el-api.jar

and implementation class ExpressionFactoryImpl in

  server/<servername>/deployers/jboss-web.deployer/jbossweb.jar

However, the latter is the org.apache.el implementation not the sun one.

So, you are still in classloader hell :-) I think the problem starts with selection of the JSP Factory implementation but I am not sure.

regards,

Andrew Dinn
JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire,
SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA) and David Owens (Ireland)