Willem2 wrote:
> Can you show me your web.xml ?
> There must be something wrong with your web.xml.

Sure, but I don't know what should be wrong with it. It starts my
application and all requests are handled by springs DispatcherServlet (as
wanted). BTW: My application is deployed in tomcat 6.0.14.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
metadata-complete="true" version="2.5">

    <context-param>
        <param-value>
            /WEB-INF/classes/config/spring/applicationContext.xml
        </param-value>
    </context-param>

    <listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>backend</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>backend</servlet-name>