On Tuesday 12 February 2008, rsheldon wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for their help on this. It turns out that despite
> some logging that made me think it was connecting to the web service,
> CXF actually doesn't talk to the remote server until it's first used.
> I double checked this with wireshark/ethereal.
>
> Thanks again,
> Richard

Actually, that will depend on how you setup the client contract.   If you
use a wsdl, it MAY contact the server to get the wsdl and schemas at
startup time.   You can mitigate that by keeping a copy locally and
pointing the client creation at that instead.  If it's not wsdl based,
yea, it has no need to contact the server till used.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA