On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Glen Mazza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I think you're trying to create a dynamic client which
> is unfortunately not working for you.  Hopefully someone else can answer
> your specific question on this, but in the meantime, you might wish to
> try the more traditional route of getting the WSDL and XSD's on your
> machine locally, running wsdl2java and then coding your SOAP client
> using the wsdl2java artifacts generated, similar to here[1].  Once done,
> any missing XSD's from the server should no longer be a concern for you.

But it is a concern. I have the generated service stubs, but if I create the
service by specifying the the server url (Service.create(new
URL("http://<http://some.server/service?wsdl>..."),
it'll try to fetch the xsds and fails because of that. The same doesn't
happen if I point to a wsdl from classpath. I need to be able to specify the
service location in code, and obviously I can add a new service port
dynamically (Service.addPort) to make it work. But that's not the point; I
believe the spec says the schemaLocation is only a hint and furthermore, I
should be able to use the service without forced validation, don't you
think?

Kalle