Do the mailing lists have any problems ? I'm only receiving half of
the messages :-( Or sometimes a few hours later ...

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Daniel Kulp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 04 April 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hmm I'm not familiar with Apache ServiceMix so it's a bit difficult
> > for me to understand how this can help me with an OSGi platform
> > like Equinox.

Because ServiceMix Kernel *is* an OSGi platform based on Felix
with some value added.  So everything that applies to Servicemix
Kernel can be applied to any other OSGi platform, Equinox included.
Bundles are bundles, eh ;-)

> > I understand that CXF is provided as a module for ServiceMix, right?
> > Can you provide some help on getting CXF to work on a "normal" OSGi
> > platform? I had a look at the MANIFEST files of the CXF libraries
> > but I couldn't find entries for OSGi. I'm a bit confused. :-)
>
> Basically, starting with 2.0.5, the big cxf bundle jar
> (cxf-2.0.5-incubator.jar, cxf-bundle if you are looking for the maven
> artifactId) does include an OSGI manifest. (although I noticed Guillaume
> did a fix for it last  night so I'm not sure if the 2.0.5 version
> complete works, I'll get a 2.0.6 snapshot going now.)   That said, since
> CXF doesn't really do any OSGI things ourselves, we don't worry about
> all the thirdparty jars.  ServiceMix does.  So basically, we have a
> bundle, but to really use it, you'll need to find/create a few other
> bundles for the third party deps (like jaxws-api, neethi, spring,
> wsdl4j, woodstox/stax, etc...).  ServiceMix does provide bundles for all
> of those, but you probably could easily do much of that yourself as
> well.

Yeah, there is a small problem with 2.0.5 OSGi manifest.
Another way is to create one big bundle that includes all the
dependencies if you prefer.

> The other thing SMX is providing is the cxf-osgi spring import thing that
> provides an OSGi http transport for the CXF component.   That might be a
> good thing to pull directly into CXF as that should definitely be usable
> in other OSGi environments.

Yes, it should.  It can certainly be moved to CXF, was I just hacked it this
week.  But this is more a discussion for cxf-dev btw.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet