Thanks for your reply.

I have been able to figure out how to do this programmatically with the
simple client. Code looks like this :

        ClientProxyFactoryBean factory = new ClientProxyFactoryBean();
        factory.setServiceClass( PingService.class );
        factory.setAddress( "https://localhost:8443/ca/pxws/1.0/ping"; );
        PingService client = (PingService) factory.create();

        Client proxy = ClientProxy.getClient( client );
        HTTPConduit conduit = (HTTPConduit) proxy.getConduit();
        TLSClientParameters tcp = new TLSClientParameters();
        tcp.setTrustManagers( new TrustManager[]{ new
TrustAllX509TrustManager() } );
        conduit.setTlsClientParameters( tcp );

More details on http://blog.progs.be

Thanks for the help,