Glen,

>There's a CXFNonSpringServlet that you can use that may be of help for

thanks for the hint

>> 2) My application is a web application running in jetty container, so
>> starting jetty within jetty is not good option.
>
>Here's everything I know for Tomcat:
>http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/date/20080417

I looked at it but it does not seem to solve my situation. I still don't know
how to fetch servlet instance, so I can set up Endpoint. Probably I will need
sample .war to understand how to achieve this functionality. I miss the point.
As I understand servlet API, it is not possible. If you have .war, you cannot
start embedded jetty. So it makes sense that CXF will utilize CFX*Servlet as
its transport. But that Bus binding complicates the thing, because it requires
instance of the servlet. But you cannot get it from web application, can you?

>> 3) Endpoint has no method publish, but EndpointImpl.

This issue is not answeared. I guess that documentation is obsolete and I shall
create new instance of org.apache.cxf.endpoint.EndpointImpl, is it correct?

>> PS1 documentation says that to build samples you need ant 1.6. I've got
>> CXFServlet, but it fails, that verbose attribute is not supported

Will you guys fix README or common_build.xml?

>> PS2 javadoc from installer does not contain CXFServlet

>It's here, but our JavaDoc is pretty weak:
>http://incubator.apache.org/cxf/javadoc/latest/org/apache/cxf/transport/servlet/CXFServlet.html

I mentioned an issue that javadoc in distribution zip is not complete.

I hope that my notes will help you.

Leos