I am using the example code from the link below as a reference, but the
webapp fails to initialize with the a stack trace.
http://www.lumidant.com/blog/web-services-tutorial-with-apache-cxf/
http://www.lumidant.com/blog/web-services-tutorial-with-apache-cxf/

I also found a number of examples where the @Webservice annotation has
multiple combinations of the attributes in question, so I'm looking for some
definitive help.

I tried using cxf 2.0.2-incubator, 2.0.4-incubator, 2.0.5-incubator all with
the same issue (on Tomcat 6.0.16).

Apr 22, 2008 11:29:23 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Apr 22, 2008 11:29:28 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
with name 'userAdd': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Attributes portName, serviceName and
endpointInterface are not allowed in the @WebService annotation of an SEI.
Caused by: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Attributes portName,
serviceName and endpointInterface are not allowed in the @WebService
annotation of an SEI.
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsImplementorInfo.initialise(JaxWsImplementorInfo.java:291)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsImplementorInfo.<init>(JaxWsImplementorInfo.java:57)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.getServer(EndpointImpl.java:253)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.doPublish(EndpointImpl.java:232)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.publish(EndpointImpl.java:183)