From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>I've seen a .22 blank-firing revolver which had been converted
>to fire live ammunition by boring out the chambers and using
>part of an air rifle barrel for the barrel.
>
>The problem with these conversions is you may also be the
>last person to see it, as evidenced by the kid in Manchester
>who fatally shot himself through the head while trying to
>make one.
>
>Steve.

        Steve, & Ron,

        And that is what becomes of people -- most especially
enquiring minds -- who in their rather innocent, somewhat
benighted ventures, when they are deprived of knowledge.
        Who can say with a certainty, that with the ready knowledge,
proper stewardship of a trained mentor, and less onerous laws,
that the young man in question might not still be alive and well
this day?
        Why is the price of ignorance so easy to pay, and the
advantage of knowledge so hard to understand?

ET
--
The one I saw had been seized in Handsworth.  The police
apparently think there are illicit factories churning out these

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]