From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>The Hague and Generva convenions specifically exclude
>police or internal security forces from the ban on
>expanding projectiles.  It would therefore be legal
>to use hollowpoints in Northern Ireland, however the
>political fall out would be so great no one was likely
>to authorise it!
>
>Regards
>
>Jerry

        Steve, & Jerry,

        With regards to the above, and in the consideration
or the US Government's policy on the use of CN/CS against
the civilian populace, even though it is otherwise prohibited
from employing those against an external adversary, one has
to wonder what the real policy is concerning one's own fellow
citizens when lesser force is agreed upon against one's worst
enemy.
        How is it, I wonder, that a nation's citizenry are to
be treated will less respect in the use of force than an attacking
enemy force?

ET
--
That's a bloody good point and it was exactly what I was thinking.

It's okay for a Government to gas their own citizens, shoot
them with weapons banned from the battlefield and so on.

Hmm, what could be the reason?  Could it be that citizens don't
fight back with poison gas and automatic weapons quite so often,
so national Governments can get away with it?

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]