From:   "David M", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes indeed the MV's are a bit on the conservative side hardly any advantage
over the 6.5x55mm for which, of course, there is a vast repertoire of loads.
I dare say though that with time and careful load development a much hotter
load could could be developed and I would venture to suggest that is half
the fun of owning a rather obscure calibre.
As for baboons, having lived in Africa and seen them at very close range
from a vehicle I would not like to get too close on foot unless well armed.
One old chap who hunted sand grouse with a Greener GP single told me he
always keep a couple of rounds of buckshot in case of an encounter with a
dog baboon which he reckoned to be a most dangerous and unpredictable animal
when surprised.
Regards,
David.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]