From:   "IG", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

However I draw the line at Crown Servants using their
position to express views on the Law,  Policy and further,
making provocative statements to the effect that the general
population abuse their hard won freedom, cannot be
trusted, should be disarmed and controlled "for their
own good".

Who on earth is using their position for gods sake?????????Is this not an
open forum?

As a consequence of their position, they relinquish some
of the rights to free expression enjoyed by Joe Public. They
do not have a remit to speak publicly about anything at all,
apart from reporting on day to day matters.

I think not old chap! What a strange view of society you have. Would you
prefer it if I relinquished all of my rights as a member of society? Who is
talking about remits? Dear oh dear!

These restrictions should go even further, they should not
even be allowed to discuss or air their opinions within
their own groups, or even hold these opinions. They hold
their positions at our pleasure, and as such are
answerable to every single one of us.

Sorry, I have just realised this is a wind up, lol, and wasnt meant to be
taken seriously. Well done, you had me going for a moment! Nice one Jim!

Quite agree Steve, opinions should not influence duties. I can think of many
examples.
Can I take it you are sticking up for my right to say what I think, or is it
a cue to shut up and find another forum?
Not 100% sure!

IG

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]