From:   andrew, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think you have to look at the psychological side of this. The
"authorities" would not consider that an "ordinary citizen" (that's you
and me) needs to be concerned about retribution as we have the
protection of our glorious police force who we pay so much for and
granting anonymity would be an admission of failure. Whereas the police
have no one higher power to look after them; sort of a variation on the
"who watches the watchers" theme.

Besides which being treated differently to the to everyone else is
guaranteed to make you feel superior.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]