From:   Mike Taylor, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>And as Guy pointed out previously, if you actually believe
>that, your local police have a cosy cell awaiting you if
>you try it!
>
>Open bolt or closed bolt, it's banned.

Is self loading actually defined in the act? I thought it actually
specified that a new round had to be chambered with one pull of the
trigger, not two.

>What you can do (if you really must) is to make a semi-automatic
>rifle without a magazine.  Of possible interest to those with
>an interest in WW2, you could for example make an M1 carbine
>where the chamber had to be manually loaded for each shot,
>and the empty case is ejected automatically.

Would a closed bolt semi-auto rifle, with a magazine, which ejects the
fired case and then stays open until the bolt is released manually
comply?
--
In theory yes, but it would be so easy to convert such a gun
into a self-loader that it is not worth thinking about.  For

The definition of "self-loading" is a mechanism that
"automatically reloads".

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]