Re: [COWs] New Years Eve Ride Report !!!It was nobody's fault, just 3 little 
miscues that added up.  I was just practicing for the ball drop tonight.  If I 
had been strung with lights we could have celebrated New Years a little early!  
I've had a yoo-hoo, ice cream, and now the Duck-Rabbit Brewery is making 
everything feel much better!  It was still a great ride today.  

"To have ridden and crashed is better than to have not ridden at all"  

Tim's parting words of wisdom for 2009!

Happy New Year to all my cycling friends!!!

Tim



  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Kim Benson 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:43 PM
  Subject: Re: [COWs] New Years Eve Ride Report !!!


  It was a great ride up to that point. If I had not checked the brakes quite 
so much, Tim could have finished the year with just one crash! I learned a lot 
from that event, the first being, don't get too comfortable in the pace line. 
We were cruising along one second, and the next, uh oh! My apologies to Tim, if 
I could have done anything to prevent it!  Have a cold one on me!!! :)


  On 12/31/09 4:14 PM, "Tim & Susan" <[email protected]> wrote:


    Kim, Dan, Jim and I cruised out through Cliftonville, Bend of the River, 
Sharpsburg, Town Creek, Bridgersville for 40 miles on a cold, damp winter's 
day.  Turbo Dan pulled 80% of the ride.  Awesome !!!   Another smooth 
uneventful ride, well almost.....  If you ride 11,000 miles in one year, the 
odds on the number of anticipated crashes is two!  Unfortunately I'd had only 
one crash this year so however is in charge of evening the odds was hard at 
work today.  Coming back on Bridgersville, Jim flatted, Kim checked up and Tim 
was off in dreamland somewhere just enjoying a perfect ride, but was quickly 
brought back down to Earth, like up close and personal with mother Earth!  Jim 
fixed his flat and I wobbled back to Wilson.  I may start the celebration 
tonight a little early!

    Tim

    New Years Day !!!
    10:00 Starbucks !!!
    Post ride goodies so be sure to attend !!!
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
    To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
    For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.





  --

  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
  For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.


Reply via email to