Tim
Mountain Rd should have been a big hint....lol  jk   thanks for the report. I 
have done Mountain Rd lots of times, but never knew it was 18%.  As I have 
told some of you in the past the riding up that way is pretty hilly and it 
would be a great place to train for BSG.  I grew up in that area and thats 
where my cycling started.....on my moms hybrid that was way to small for me.  
There is another hill up that way that has got to be more then 18%....it is 
shorter but the grade seems more then Mountain Rd.  

If anyone wants to plan a trip up there to ride before BSG I would love to go.  
There is a group there, but they don't seemed to be as organized as the CoWs.  
I have one ride from my parents house that is 48 miles.   first 20 or so is 
kind of flat, but after that....rolling hills.  

DC

 



________________________________
From: Tim & Susan <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sun, June 6, 2010 6:54:48 PM
Subject: [COWs] Sunday 132 Mile Ride Report!!!


    Left home for Raleigh shortly after 5:00am.  Saw the crime scene on Raleigh 
Road.  Must have been 20+ emergency vehicles and a huge crane.  I knew 
something really bad had happened but I continued on.
    7 riders including John o. left North Raleigh around 7:00am. for a bike 
ride around Kerr Lake into Virginia.  Perfect weather for the first leg but a 
repeat of Saturday was in store.  Captn. Mike D. sporting a fixed gear.  He is 
the man!  The heat became brutal as well as the wind.  25+ mph wind gusts off 
the Lake.  We were getting hammered.  John (who took a pass on Saturday's ride 
(wuss!)) was in top form flying up the hills.  We were all suffering at mile 
101 when an 18% climb was added to the route on Mountain Road.  This is 
insane!  I asked John why we do this and he said because it's fun!  I told him 
"fun" just left the room, turned out the light and closed the door!  We spent 
the next 30 miles cussing the heat and the wind.  It did no good.  I cramped up 
with about 5 miles to go but still managed to finish with John, Geof and Brian 
in the lead pack.  132 miles and NO KP I'm not up for 50 miles tomorrow!
tim    -- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.



      

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.

Reply via email to