On 4 August 2011 15:29, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug  4 09:19, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> On 8/4/2011 4:39 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> > Sure!  I would be more happy with the fatbuttlarry icon if it would
>> > be available in a nice 256x256 variation, though.  That's really a
>> > big plus of Warren's version.
>>
>> Here (well, it's 237x258 but that's nothing that can't be fixed with
>> little GIMP).
>
> Nice, thank you.

Ditto. Where did you find that? There isn't a vector version of this, is there?

I'm asking because that would allow to remove the shadow under the C
without impacting the edge of the C which has a bit of a fade-out on
it.  I realised that I'd used the 24bpp version of cygicons-0.dll,9,
which doesn't have the shadow, but only because it doesn't have an
alpha channel.

> Do you know how to convert the green glow around
> the C to grey, by any chance?

Here's what I did, in Paint.net. I very much suspect there are better ways.

- Select the green arrow with the rectangular select tool.
- Invert the selection, thereby selecting everything but the green arrow.
- Go to Adjustments->Hue/Saturation: Turn the hue to -60 (yellow) and
the saturation to 200 (maximum). OK.
- Adjustments->Black and White.

(The point of turning it bright yellow before the Black and White step
is to make the resulting grey as light as possible.)

Andy