On 2021-05-28 17:18, Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2021-05-28 12:33, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 28.05.2021 19:06, Brian Inglis wrote:
Noticing some more libraries used by curl and wget/2 that were outdated
and orphaned, I decided to take a look at building updates and would now
like to adopt them.

The list below shows the distributed packages, links to the Git Cygwin
Package repos (see playground branches), Appveyor CI builds and logs
for those who prefer looking at those, and links to Google drive folders
with all the usual files and archives for others.

I have issues building python2/27/3/36 modules, and/or which to obsolete.

you can drop all.
Python2.7 is dead upstream and Python3.6 will be at end of 2021

https://www.python.org/downloads/

I would appreciate advice on how to structure obsoleting the existing packages:

python-nghttp2
python2-nghttp2
python27-nghttp2
python3-nghttp2
python36-nghttp2

given replacement packages python37-nghttp2 and python38-nghttp2.
I can define all those as empty packages for the proposed release,
but which should obsolete what to get the appropriate replacements?
Should I define the following packages e.g.:

  python2-nghttp2 dummy obsoletes   python-nghttp2
python27-nghttp2 dummy obsoletes  python2-nghttp2
  python3-nghttp2 dummy obsoletes python27-nghttp2
python36-nghttp2 dummy obsoletes  python3-nghttp2
python37-nghttp2 real  obsoletes python36-nghttp2
python38-nghttp2 real  stands alone for now?

I have changed the cygport to do the above and the results are here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ee4KNQ6EaTnh8MkqbLNxnEpBaw3JOaFk

until I can get git-cygwin-packages working again - see below!

Changed maintainership to you (only for them this time)

Thank you very much - appreciate that!
Repology.org dropped the extraneous maintainership adds/removes ;^>

Do I also have ownership of:
ssh://cyg...@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/{,mingw64-{x86_64,i686}-}nghttp2.git?

I am getting the following responses whenever I try to push to either playground
or master branches!

I have been pushing to playground for days while testing with no problems.

FYI I have ssh host *cygwin* defined as *cyg...@cygwin.com* with specific key;
git seems to get confused if I use the full cyg...@cygwin.com ssh login string.

$ git push
Enumerating objects: 11, done.
Counting objects: 100% (11/11), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (7/7), done.
Writing objects: 100% (9/9), 2.23 KiB | 326.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 9 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: 'there can be only one!' at
/sourceware1/cygwin-staging/gitolite.git/src/VREF/HIGHLANDER line 27.
remote: FATAL: VREF/HIGHLANDER/cygport: helper program exit status 65280
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/playground
To ssh://cygwin/git/cygwin-packages/nghttp2
 ! [remote rejected]           playground -> playground (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://cygwin/git/cygwin-packages/nghttp2'
$ git checkout master
$ git push
Enumerating objects: 19, done.
Counting objects: 100% (19/19), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (13/13), done.
Writing objects: 100% (15/15), 3.03 KiB | 443.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 15 (delta 5), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: 'there can be only one!' at
/sourceware1/cygwin-staging/gitolite.git/src/VREF/HIGHLANDER line 27.
remote: FATAL: VREF/HIGHLANDER/cygport: helper program exit status 65280
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To ssh://cygwin/git/cygwin-packages/nghttp2.git
 ! [remote rejected]           master -> master (hook declined)