On 08/05/2022 18:49, Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2022-05-08 09:15, Libor Ukropec wrote:
Dne 07.05.2022 v 20:52 Brian Inglis napsal(a):
I would like to offer to package the following projects for Cygwin.
They have been extensively tested on my own system for decades. ;^>
They are offered on the major distros listed below, and the cygport builds are available in my Google Drive folders.

I haven't known them until now. Quite fun :)
Built and installed without any issue.

If I can give the GTG, here it is..

Thanks - now I just need another four or so.

BTW, I noted LICENSE, CYGWIN_MAINTAINER, UPSTREAM_MAINTAINER variables ... are they used/shown somewhere and is it a best practise to have them in the cygport script?

Something I think should be documented somewhere, are tracked in some other distros package trackers, easier to add on adoption, and useful when you want to submit bug reports upstream. Defining then as shell vars mean you can use them for searching or in commands.

'LICENSE' probably should be required by cygport, containing a SPDX ID or license expression.

I'm not sure about 'CYGWIN_MAINTAINER', since we already track that information elsewhere.