On 2022-10-23 13:31, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 at 21:59, Chad Dougherty wrote:
I'd like to adopt the lz4 library that is currently listed as orphaned.

I've updated the cygport to the current version, 1.9.4:
https://github.com/crd477/lz4-cygport

I've not tested the actual compilation, but I have done some test
builds, and this all looks good to me!

Great!

Is it acceptable for me to put these updates into the cygwin git repository?

Once you're listed as a maintainer, yes; up until then, you won't have
permission to write to that repository.

I see. I didn't appreciate that maintainership was also factored into the authorization process but it makes sense. Jon mentioned this in the passwdqc thread as well.

Also, is it expected that I should also take the
mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-lz4 packages too?

AIUI that's preferred but not required; they're separate packages, so
it's entirely possible for them to have separate maintainers.

OK, I updated them here:
https://github.com/crd477/mingw64-x86_64-lz4-cygport
https://github.com/crd477/mingw64-i686-lz4-cygport

I've had less experience with cross-compiling but I think they're correct nevertheless.

Thanks, and take care...

--
    -Chad