On Wednesday, August 30th, 2023, ASSI wrote:
> NOt immediately, but it makes me wonder if there's other such leakage.
> I have not found a (text) file that stores this information in the
> installed package, so it seems that the information is compiled in
> someplace.

After some digging I believe I've found where the information is compiled in
(a daisy chain of variables starting with Makefile.config in the toplevel
directory...)

To confirm I'm fixing the right thing, could you elaborate what specifically
is the error with "ocaml_config imports stupid flags from the cygport build"?
Is there a specific option within CFLAGS (fdebug-prefix-map perhaps?)
or ocamlc invocation that's causing an error message?

Regarding other leakage, it looks like almost every file (exe, cma, etc.)
contains provenance compiled into the file due to the fact that they are
compiled with -g to include debugging information. I can obfuscate the
provenance
by building in /mnt/share/cygpkgs (the same approach Cygwin tar, gcc appear to
do).

> I don't think that makes any sense given the way the packaging is done
> at the moment. In fact, ever since you updated to 4.14.0 all other
> OCaml packages in Cygwin were dead since you didn't update these at the
> same time and there is no mechanism in place yet to ensure that ocaml-*
> packages and the ocaml package target the same version of the compiler.

Unless you were already planning to, I'd be happy to adopt some of these OCaml
packages
and package some new releases so they can also work on Cygwin.

Thanks,
William