On Monday, August 14th, 2023 at 12:50 AM, ASSI via Cygwin-apps
<cygwin-apps@cygwin.com> wrote:

> - ocaml-dune
> + no longer builds with the original recipe, missing external libraries that
> in turn require dune to build
> + bootstrapped dune should still be viable
> - ocaml-ctype
> + would be needed for llvm
> + available version is for ocaml-4.10, which is no longer installable
> + need to figure out dune build and bootsrap a number of further packages
> before getting this updated to 4.14

On Friday, August 18th, 2023 at 12:30 PM, ASSI via Cygwin-apps
<cygwin-apps@cygwin.com> wrote:

> What I was talking about is that while I can use an opam "switch" to
> update ocaml and its dependencies in a private installation, I can not
> build the Cygwin packages that would need to be distributed or update
> the system installation of OCaml. If it exists, any option to update
> the system files has eluded me. In particular, I have not yet figured
> out how to break the circular dependencies for a bootstrap build. Opam
> must know how to do this or it wouldn't suceeed, but doesn't show what
> exactly it's doing by default. THere's probably a way to look at that
> too…

i am not familiar with the ocaml stuffs, and i dont quite understand what is
the problem ur currently getting.

since i dont want to revive ocaml stuffs, at least for now bcs it looks like a
lot of work and i dont really need them.

however, i did tried to compile ocaml-dune version 2.9.3 and 3.7.1
 (for ocaml 4.14) previously for some other personal reason (not for llvm), and
here are the prebuilt binaries of dune 3.7.1 if you need[1], i kinda forgot how
i bootstrapped it.

i didn't upload the cygport files for this dune and other related/depended
pkgs, but i made a dirty tarball at here just now: [2], some of them are still
wip.

[1]:
https://cygwin-llvm-revived-mirror.d0ve.workers.dev/0:/_ocaml/cygwin-ocaml.7z
[2]: